1. White terrorists are called “gunmen.” What does that even mean? A person with a gun? Wouldn’t that be, like, everyone in the US? Other terrorists are called, like, “terrorists.”
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.—
Juan Cole, 08/09/2012
Juan Cole actually wrote this 4 days after a white terrorist, yes, terrorist, murdered 6 and injured 4 people at a Sikh gurdwara in Wisconsin. The terrorist who committed said crime spoke of an impending “racial holy war” beforehand and was a member of white supremacist/neo-Nazi hate groups.
White guys are so proud of their ability to be not offended. When one of them tells a rape joke or uses a racial slur, they wink and pat themselves on the back and give endless attaboys for their superior skills in being not offended. They decry the “politically correct” society they find…
Wow, I’ve heard of him and have seen him with her in some videos before but never checked out his own page or content really. I figured it would be repulsive. I saw him posting pictures of a woman’s body once that was supposedly sent to him by the woman’s boyfriend, he was asking everyone to comment on whether or not they thought she was getting “too muscular.” Fucking gross. They promote the idea that women can’t be fat or whoops, we’re the scum of society! But don’t we dare gain too much muscle mass either and veer too far away from society’s ideal of women being ever so thin and fragile or we might gross out the men in our lives and random strangers on the internet. :”’(
I also saw one video of the two of them trying to convince their viewers that absolutely any woman, anywhere is capable of having the “thigh gap” with enough “dedication.” Nevermind the fact that none of them were discussing whether or not men should be forced into some stupid idea of maintaining a thigh gap. Just adding to the problem of women with body image issues and telling girls and women that they need to be thin above anything else in life.
It’s really sickening to think about how the two of them are spreading so many disgusting lies to all the people following them and people are associating that as synonymous with veganism. I do feel bad for her after hearing that he does that with her pictures and uses her as a tool to further his image, but they’re still both so problematic, just ugh. It’s all awful.
Moral of the story is, don’t ever listen to a word from either of them, and if you are promoting veganism as a means to shame women about their bodies and tell them that they need to lose weight or look a certain way, you need to get the fuck out of here and never mention veganism again because you’re a terrible person. Veganism has never and will never have anything to do with that bullshit.
Clean privilege is never being turned down for oral sex because you haven’t washed away the protective, lubricative, natural oils beneath your foreskin that are supposed to facilitate sex in the first place (smegma).
Clean privilege is being considered more sexually desirable even when you have…